The Alberta LEDAC membership consists of 16 individual committee members – 12 individual economic development & lands practitioners/technicians employed by First Nations in Alberta, and 4 INAC representatives.
To ensure technical and geographic representation from across Alberta, the twelve practitioners are comprised of:
- 4 individuals working for or on behalf of communities in each of the 3 Treaty areas in Alberta;
- 6 working directly in lands or resource management
- 6 working directly in economic development
- Committee members serve two-year staggered terms on the committee.
- The Alberta LEDAC contracts Edmonton-based Aboriginal administration & facilitation services.